Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Divine Raspberry Tart!!!

I've been watching Masterchef Australia with increasing amounts of enthusiasm and now I can't miss it! I  made their Raspberry Tart yesterday and it was absolutely divine so I thought I would pass on the recipe. You can watch the video here. Try it, it's the simplest recipe!

2 1/4 cups flour (plain/all purpose)
1/4 cup icing/confectioners sugar
125g(1 stick) butter
2 eggs
450ml thick cream sweetened with a little icing sugar and vanilla
350g raspberries

Blend the flour, butter and sugar in a processor briefly until crumblike or rub in by hand, add the eggs to make a soft pastry and chill for 30 mins. Roll out to fit a tart or flan tin, I used a 30cm loose bottomed tin. Prick the base with a fork and bake blind for 15 mins at 180c.  Allow to cool completely.  Whip up the cream  to soft peaks, add the sugar and vanilla and pile the raspberries on top.  So simple yet soooooo delicious!
Apply to face!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh that looks so incredible-- i was compelled to come and look closer --and how wonderful to find a recipe. between this and slinkymalinki's custard recipe i could pack on a few good pounds.... yum!

Team Etsy Project Embrace said...

I will be making this for sure ........

Lee Wolfe Pottery OneClayBead said...

Yum! That sounds so delish! I love cooking, and will have to try it.